Monday, August 22, 2011

Whirligig Dress Review

I ordered the Whirligig dress in navy with some reservations, because I had tried it on before at the store in the XS raspberry color. The wrap bodice felt too overwhelming and complicated. Maybe the particular dress I tried was cut too big. Or maybe the lighter color made the wrap detail too pronounced. Good thing I gave it a second chance at the sale price because the navy version looks really good! Perhaps this dress is cut smaller, the style looks more subtle in navy, or the sale price lowered my expectations. In any case, I'm glad I gave it another try. I'm always afraid these jersey dresses will be too clingy or look too slovenly but this one has a waist and shirring in all the right places. It's soft as a nightgown but it's a dress!




Pros: Clever draping good for flat-chested women, comfortable, machine washable, classic color
Cons: Rayon/nylon blend (I usually prefer cotton) but it's made by Velvet so good quality (two layers)
Verdict: A keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment